Wednesday 16 October 2013

Publication

So let me explain a little now I'm calmer and the reality of the situation is setting in...
If you've been reading my blog for some time then you'll know that I submitted my first ever anthology of short stories some time ago into a competition. The best entries would be chosen for publication and I made the long list, the short list and then, our of nowhere, I won. I won along with two other brilliant writers.

So I'm soon to be a published author with my anthology of stories going into publication next year. My work will have an official ISBN number and everything. This is to be an official publication. The best thing of this is that I'll be published before I turn 25. I can say I got my first publishing deal at age 21. I can say that, on my first attempt to submit something for publication, I got it which is almost unheard of in the world of contemporary literature.

I want to remember the date: 15th of October 2013, the day I got my first publishing deal.

 I can't really find the words to express the raw joy I feel. I have so many people to thank: my family and my partner for their never-ending support and my creative writing tutors for inspiring me. I thank the graduating class of 2013 from the University of Huddersfield for being around me during my wonderful time at University where my stories were created. You've all inspired me in little ways and created a safe space to share my work and learn new things. I really couldn't be happier right now. I'll still try to finish my first novel by the end of the year and work on a couple of scripts in 2014. I know it sounds utterly cheesy but this does feel like a dream of mine coming true. If only my future attempts at getting my work published could be this easy... let's just hope.

My first collection of stories will be released in chapbook form and launched in early 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment