Monday 28 October 2013

31 Horror Films in 31 Days Challenge: Film Twenty: The Dark Lurking (2010)

This is yet another blog-along post where I'll be blogging along as I watch another horror film as part of the 31 Horror Films in 31 Days challenge.
 Warning: Since I'm blogging my thoughts whilst watching the film THERE WILL BE SPOILERS.

These are raw blog posts. I start and I write until I finish without any editing afterwards. I just post the raw thoughts from the film as they occur. I enter this film with absolutely no prior knowledge. Enjoy, 


Yay! I'm on film 20 which means I'm getting close to completing the challenge! OK, I know absolutely nothing about this film but I've just read the info section. It claims to be an action packed survival horror. In an underground research station something goes horribly wrong and eight people have to fight their way to the surface which battling rapidly mutating ancient creatures. Awesome. 

I'm only a few minutes in and I'm sensing this film was pretty low budget from the camera angles and editting. Shaky cam from the very beginning. This film lacks the romance and glossy nature of Hollywood. OK sure, maybe they're aiming for it to be atmospheric so we feel like we're on the crashing ship or... I don't even know. 

For some reason I'm more interested in the fact that I've not seen the third Matrix film than what is currently on my screen. 

Gratuitous bely button close up...

Bloody shower scene. Very Carrie...

Not really feeling the film so far but it'd probably make a decent enough video game. We're pretty much thrown into action straight away with no real explanation as to what is going on. 

Oh goody, some bad acting. Don't get me wrong. I love bad acting. A slight continuity error too. Yup. I reckon this film didn't have that flashy a budget and if it did it was kinda wasted on a low quality movie. Also at moments, the character who was in the shower at the beginning looks like the female protagonist of The Shining. 

The film hasn't made me care for any of these characters. I don't even know their names so why should I care if they are being attacked by mutants? This is poor character construction. 

"There is so much wrong with you, you crazy bitch"
The line came across as kinda funny. For a moment I was actually briefly entertained by this film.


I don't feel like this is a film I'll really remember a few weeks from now. It's not a film I'd really recommend to anyone at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment