Saturday 26 October 2013

31 Horror Films in 31 Days Challenge, Film Fifteen: Silent Hill

This isn't a raw blog where I blogged my thoughts along with the movie as I watched it. I'd actually seen bits of the movie before but never the full thing the whole way through so it was interesting to sit down and really put the pieces together a bit more. Silent Hill was an interesting watch. I must admit I've not played the previous video games but have heard praise of the psychological horror aspects within them.

The set design and the visuals in this film are incredible and it sets a really haunting atmosphere from the point they arrive in Silent Hill that is maintained throughout the film. There are a few "scary" moments but nothing that will keep me awake at night. The climactic scene in the church paints a memorable crescendo moment for the film. Man, if I ever get into video games properly these will be the ones I check out first....

No comments:

Post a Comment