Friday 18 October 2013

31 Horror Films in 31 Days Challenge, Film Twelve: Fright Night (2011)

Hello!
I know it has been a few days since my last 31 Horror Films in 31 Days Challenge post went up so here's another. I actually watched this film a few days ago but didn't blog along as I have with previous films. I was kind gaming whilst watching the film.

So this is the twelfth film in the challenge. I must confess I've not seen the original. I know! I know, I'm sorry.

Now I watch a lot of horror films, many of which feature vampires, and this won't really be one I consider a favourite of mine. It was OK. It was definitely a good watch. I personally really appreciated the way the vampires died in this film. They had a sort of pretty death where they faded into little embers that floated through the air. It was smart and funny, a real love note to vampire films and folklore that came before, but is practically forgettable once the credits have stopped rolling; it's not a movie that will really stay with me but was a decent flick to have on in an utterly inoffensive manner.

I was so entertained by David Tennant in his weird Goth look. I actually didn't recognise him at first:


No comments:

Post a Comment