Friday 11 October 2013

31 Horror Films in 31 Days Challenge, Film Ten: Buffy The Vampire Slayer (1992)

This is yet another blog-along post where I'll be blogging along as I watch another horror film as part of the 31 Horror Films in 31 Days challenge.  Warning: Since I'm blogging my thoughts whilst watching the film THERE WILL BE SPOILERS.

These are raw blog posts. I start and I write until I finish without any editing afterwards. I just post the raw thoughts from the film as they occur. I enter this film with absolutely no prior knowledge. Enjoy, 

Note: Of course I've seen (and love) the Buffy TV series. It's one of my favourite TV shows of all time. I just never got around to seeing the film. I'm not sure how I'll feel about seeing someone other than Sarah Michelle Gellar in the role of Buffy but we'll see...

OK so I'm only a few minutes in to the film and I'm finding this version of Buffy really annoying and overplayed. 


"a really gross hickey"

The vampires and costumes are so bad in comparison with what was achieved in the TV series. 

Oh look... Courtney Cox's ex husband with some serious fringe action.

The vampires here aren't even scary. The ones in this graveyard scene are like humans but with a sprinkling of dirt.

Oh wow, Ruter Hauer is the Big Bad in this film. I fondly remember him as the Huntsman in The Tenth Kingdom.

If I wasn't such a fan of the show then maybe I could appreciate this film as a solitary piece, but even then it'd be a film that was much more like Clueless with vampires than anything else.  I think I previously avoided this one for good reasons...

No comments:

Post a Comment