Monday 14 October 2013

Five Things.


I found this interesting blog tag from a new follower/new blog I follow called Rah. I fancied filling one out myself. It's pretty late right now so some of my answers are a little short or mushy but, you know, deal with it.



Five Things You Need Everyday


1) Love. 
God, yeah. I know. It's a totally soppy thing to say but I thought it had to come before I said my laptop. It's true, though. Every day I speak to someone I love be it my partner, one of my parents, my sister or even a pet. I have to be in contact with someone that I love. They remind me of my ambitions and make me feel secure and confident in myself. 

2) My laptop. 
I use it to blog. I use it to write and store my novels and poetry. It stores all my music and files. It's really such an important hub of information for me. Hopefully the novels and poetry I write on here will one day be real books on shelves and all the work I do on here will pay off.

3) Alone time.
Of course I love my relatives and my partner and my pets but outside of that I'm actually I'm quite a quiet person. I can become very easily over-stimulated and anxious at social events and all I want to do is come home, throw on some comfy clothes and be very, very quiet.

4) Books.
If you look around my bed you'll find a pile of books either side. 


5) Nourishment.
I mean obviously we need food and water to live and whatnot but I like to curl up with a mug of tea. I like to wake up and prepare a glowing green smoothie for breakfast. I like to make my spicy 5 vegetable burrito. 

Five Books You Would Recommend 

1) The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R Tolkien
(I can't list The Hobbit and FOTR/TTT/ROTK because that would take up most of this category. It just so happens I'm re-reading Fellowship at the moment so READ THEM. I'm remembering why they're amazing)

2) Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen

3) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald 

4) Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
 
5) The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

Five Materialistic Wishes For Christmas Presents

1)  A treeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Seriously though. At the moment I'm in love with the idea of planting tress and giving back to the Earth. Call me a hippy all you want but a £3.50 tree from Homebase would be the nicest gift from anyone who can't think of what to get me.

2) Failing that... anything off of my Amazon Wishlist. It's full of cheap books and I don't mind a second hand read. 

3) Any inexpensive yet cool Game of Thrones/Hobbit/Lord of the Rings related merchandise to fuel my inner nerd.

4) Drawings. I love when people draw me cute, silly stuff. I have a whole section of my bedroom wall with drawings and writings from friends of mine. If it's cool, good and fairly inoffensive I'd probably love it.
 
5) A small packet of flower seeds/bulbs. This is for the same reasons as the tree. What's better than growing your own flowers/plants?

Five Places You Wish To Visit

1) New Zealand (Waikato and Wellington mainly)

2) Canada

3) USA (like a big road trip across the whole country)

4) San Diego Comic Con.

5) Netherlands (Utrecht and Amsterdam)


Five Adjectives That Describe You

1) Nerdy

2) Creative

3) Loving

4) Hopeful

5) Free-spirited

Five Things You'd Say to People About Life

1) It's nice to be nice. Sympathise with others. Be kind and respectful to everything and everyone you share this world with.

2)It's never too early to plan ahead and think about your future.

3)It's important to remember to take care of ourselves. Far too often we're told to live a lifestyle that does the exact opposite. 

4)Take chances and put yourself out there. You'll get over rejection and failure in time but if something good can come from a situation then it's surely worth it.

5) Don't carry negative feelings around with you. They are literally not doing you any good at all.

 

Tag, you're it! 

I tag anyone who is reading this. I got it from a cool blogger called Rah whose blog you can see here. Rah also just left the tag open to anyone who came by it. If you want to fill this out and pass it on, let me know. I'd love to see what you have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment