Monday 21 October 2013

October Favourites

Now that it's October it's time that I share with you my October favourites; this is a monthly list of things I've purchased and have enjoyed. Some have Amazon link listings so you can, if you do so wish, find a copy for yourself.

I recently bought Airplane! on DVD. I'd actually never had a copy before. I had 2 copies of Airplane 2 but not the original. Click the banner below to find yourself a copy if you, like me, don't have one:





I picked up this delightfully bright kimono style piece from a UK store called Primark. It's a nice thin material so you can wear it like a cardigan or light jacket and it instantly brightens up an outfit. I usually wear a lot of black but this adds a wild dab of colour to my look. It's fun, it's soft and comfy... It has been a truly delightful purchase and if I recall correctly it was £15 or less. I liked it so much I picked up another similar kimono-esque item from Primark of a similar pattern. It adds an instant sprinkle of
glamour.



Another item I really enjoy is this organic Shea butter, as listed below, as it has become one of my go to beauty items. It's under £3 but it makes for a great natural skin moisturiser and, because it's organic, it doesn't leave your skin clogged up with unnatural chemicals. As we come into winter the cold makes our skin dry out and crack/peel. Keeping skin moist and supple is a good way to keep healthy. You can rub it onto your skin, face and even use it as a lip balm. It's unflavoured, natural goodness. Click on the link below to buy a jar and try it our for yourself:


Another great item I found from Primark.
I know, I know... one day I'll buy some clothes from a different store, I promise. As you can see, pictured right, the skirt in question is a lovely floor length black skirt made of a cotton/nylon blend.

It has a lovely slit up the side to playfully flash a little bit of leg.
The skirt, if I recall correctly, was roughly £13 so nothing too much and it can be dressed up or dressed down according to whatever you pair it with.







Another item that was recommended to me was "Sexing The Cherry", a book by Jeanette Winterson.
It was recommended at a party and I've little knowledge of the content but look forward to reading it.
Click on the item listing below to find yourself a copy:


And finally this is a playful little item that I picked up for myself at New Look for £3.99.
It's a little gold head band/alice band with adorable little cat ears and faux diamond gems in the ears. It was a silly kind of purchase but I've actually been wearing it more than I thought I would. If I need an excuse then it's BECAUSE HALLOWEEN.

Well that's all I can really think of for this month as I've not made too many purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment