Monday 28 October 2013

31 Horror Films in 31 Days Challenge: Film Twenty Three: Wolf Creek (2005)

Since I've been cramming in horror films this will be more of an observation and collection of my thoughts on the film rather than a blog along post as I watch the movie. I fancied a break from blogalongs.

For me, this was a fairly forgettable film. Once you're done watching it, not much of it stays with you. Whilst I was watching I did feel awful for the victims, especially in those moments when a victim realised they had no hope at all and that running was truly hopeless. Finally! A character I had some sort of real sympathy for! That's all I ask for: something human in a character that makes you feel a pang of fear when you really want them to make it through the movie. This is a crisply shot film with a great opening. Then, as the plot turns sinister, the film is simple a depressing exercise in mutilation and torture as the group of holiday-goers are picked off one by one. I don't think it makes a good, memorable movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment