Monday 28 October 2013

31 Horror Films in 31 Days Challenge: Film Twenty Two: My Bloody Valentine (1981)

This is yet another blog-along post where I'll be blogging along as I watch another horror film as part of the 31 Horror Films in 31 Days challenge. Warning: Since I'm blogging my thoughts whilst watching the film THERE WILL BE SPOILERS.

These are raw blog posts. I start and I write until I finish without any editing afterwards. I just post the raw thoughts from the film as they occur. I enter this film with absolutely no prior knowledge. Enjoy, 


I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say that anyone who wants to keep a weird gas mask on during sex probably isn't the kind of person you want to have sex with?

Ahh, a cheesy camera descent into the mouth of a screaming female victim. Classic. 

I'm not sure how I feel about a Canadian horror film. I'm not quite ready for my image of jolly, friendly Canadians to become slightly shattered. IS NOTHING SACRED?

LOOK AT ALL THE HETEROSEXUALITY.

AHH, THEY'RE PLAYING THE KNIFE GAME. 


God, this killer really doesn't like Valentine's dances. Surely you'd just never have another Valentine's day dance. I mean you can dance every other day of the year in this town but why, on one day of the year, tempt fate? People in horror films are unnaturally stupid.  Just have a dance a few days later. I mean if you've already received a creepy warning involving a real human organ surely that's a good sign to cancel a silly dance. 

OK. If you call up a mental institution and the serial killer who has haunted your town for decades with a personal vendetta against Valentine's day dances... YOU CANCEL THE DAMN DANCE. 

OH LOOK. AGAIN. STUPID TEENS DISOBEYING RULES AND WARNINGS END UP DEAD. LET'S ALL BE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AND HAVE LONG AND HAPPY LIVES, OK?


Movie teens are stupid. Movie teens are stupid. Movie teens are stupid. Movie teens are stupid. Movie teens are stupid. Movie teens are stupid. Movie teens are stupid. Movie teens are stupid. Movie teens are stupid. Movie teens are stupid. Movie teens are stupid. Movie teens are stupid. Movie teens are stupid. Movie teens are stupid. 

This is a fairly standard slasher film. It's kind of like the film Halloween... except it occurs around Valentine's day. *facepalm*

No comments:

Post a Comment