Friday 15 March 2013

What 2013 Holds: A Month-By-Month View

I've always had terrible organisation skills. Keeping myself organised is a huge effort but this year to ensure I keep on schedule I've managed to impress myself with my ability to give myself deadlines to work to. Thinking about NaNoWriMo/dissertation/university made me start to think about the rest of the year as a whole and what 2013 still has in store so I thought I'd write out a brief overview of what lies ahead for me. It's more of a provisional run through so I can visualise the rest of the year, I'm sure I'll add to it as time goes on but it's good to remind myself that there is life beyond dissertations and conference papers at the moment:

March: 
Finishing dissertation,
Taking a few days off to relax,
Continuing research for my conference paper
Late March - start looking for jobs.

April:
Do huge tidy of flat. (Have put off cleaning whilst working on dissertation and after this I want to do a huge scrub from floor to ceiling)
Work on conference paper. Start putting together my collection of short stories and my collection of poetry to submit for publication. Enjoy Game of Thrones, because Season 3 starts this month. Oh yeah. Also start putting together work for my university portfolio for the Creative Writing module.
29th - Conference at which I shall deliver my conference paper.
Start looking for jobs.


May:
3rd - Submit work for Creative Writing portfolio.
Am officially done with university.
Sit back and relax/panic.
Drink some wine.
Drink some more wine.
Continue looking for jobs if you don't have one yet, you get the picture.
Continue to work on your short book of poetry and your short book of short stories ahead of submission.



June:
Start working on your novel so it can be finished by the end of the year.
Have any poetry/short stories to publishing competition by this time.
Start learning how to drive.

July:
Trip to Kavos with my ladies from university.
Graduation from University. Proud moment.
Continue writing novel
Keep learning how to drive


August:
Continue writing novel
Learn how to drive.
Start teaching yourself more interesting recipes over the summer when you have the time to do so.

September:
Continue writing novel.
If you have a job by now, you should have a good amount of money stashed away for a trip to New Zealand in which case start looking/planning for a trip to get away when the winter cold arrives. Think about how much you need for what you want to do. Look into flights, travel costs etc.






October:
Continue writing novel.







November:
Continue writing novel for NaNoWriMo. Try to use this month to finish it so December is just pruning, editing and re-drafting of things.

December:
Finish novel.
Research the market and decide where to send the novel to first.


I'm excited

No comments:

Post a Comment