Tuesday 19 March 2013

Room 237, Anyone?

I'm enjoying my little soujourn in Leeds whilst I finish my dissertation and rest with some peace and quiet whilst spending some quality time with my mother but I'm starting to wonder.... doesn't this hotel kind of remind you of somewhere?

Should I be riding around on a little tricycle? Are...are those two young girls are the end of the corridor? I thin they want me to play with them? Who left this typewriter here? I wonder what's in Room 237...

Last night when I went in to have a bath my mind instantly flashed to that scene of The Shining with the woman in the bath tub. I half expected to move the shower curtain a little and find the creepy old woman. So I got into the nice, warm bath with a face mask on. When I turned and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, face covered in a yellowy green face-mask and my black eye-liner running from the heat it hit me:

I'm the scary woman in the bath tub.

Glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment