Thursday 7 March 2013

New Years Resolutions: A Further Review

I'm about to head out to have a meeting with my dissertation supervisor but I figured I'd just make a brief review of how I've been doing with my New Years Resolutions.



The first was to get down to work. On the basis that I've spent the past three days or more purely on my dissertation I think I'm doing pretty well. I'm currently on track with all the remaining pieces of work and starting to feel the slightest bit optimistic.

The second was to remain healthy. I have lost some weight over the past few months (though I am not sure how) and next month I will be focusing on weightlifting, swimming and slimming down. I've maintained my pescetarian diet (with the exception of my sister's birthday where I realised halfway through my meal that there were small bits of shredded chicken in the noodles)

The third was focused on jobs. I've applied for one and will start looking more thoroughly once this dissertation is in.

Go to New Zealand - This will depend on whether or not I get a job. I've got enough money stashed away for the flight there. I mean.... maybe I don't need to come back?

I said that by the end of 2013 I wanted to have finished a novel. We're not there yet, but I've been writing snippets in my spare time. I've also been writing some poetry recently and some short stories - both of which I'm going to submit to a local publisher in the hopes that maybe one will get published as a chapbook.



Then I said "Do more interesting things" ... See my B425 List ;)

So essentially everything is going well or the time hasn't come for them to be achieved yet, but I have every hope in myself that when the time does come, I can achieve it. Anyways that was quick, I know, but I have to run otherwise I'll keep my dissertation tutor waiting and he is the nicest man ever and to disappoint him would be soul destroying in itself.






No comments:

Post a Comment