Saturday 16 March 2013

Tick, tick, tick...

I’m not sure what I’ll do, but— well, I want to go places and see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale.
F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Ice Palace 

I really wanted to get my dissertation stuff all done by the 20th so I could get it printed and bound early so as to avoid the rush of students getting theirs done on the 21st. Everything going to plan and to schedule.

I'm actually so pleasantly shocked that here I am, days before the deadline, and still relatively calm. I had this fear that I'd fall into my old habits of doing lots of research in the beginning and spend the last week doing all the writing. Thankfully all I have to do is go back and find references, quotes and so on to support arguments. Everything is coming together nicely. This whole thing has been the strangest emotional rollercoaster. 


I'm actually strangely looking forward to writing the conference paper I have to start after this. I feel I have some fresh ideas on the matter and I'm looking forward to thinking "2,500 words? That's nothing! My dissertation was about 11,000 words. No biggie!"

No comments:

Post a Comment