Wednesday 20 March 2013

"We're going to need bigger buns,"

So my father has shaved his head and moustache off completely for his role in their sold out production of Calendar Girls and I managed to sort out train tickets to go see it. I'm not sure but from the photo it even looks like he's thinned his eyebrows? That, my friends, is commitment right there.

He plays the role of John, the husband being treated for cancer and though he dies within the first act I've been supporting my father and his move into amateur dramatics for some time now and this is his most serious role to date. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he does with it, also really hoping the bastard doesn't break my heart and make me cry when he dies. Thankfully, however, I know all the cast and crew and can therefore probably sneak backstage in the interval and punch him if he does make me cry.

Also, I'm going to end up seeing so many dear friends partially nude. I... I'm not sure how I feel about this.
That said it's a brave move from all of them and I intend on turning up to support them all for their bravery to bare all in front of a packed audience.

A further image of my father being a lesbian. Or a thespian. Either one. This is from their production of Blithe Spirit and he's the smooth bastard drinking a martini.

No comments:

Post a Comment