Sunday 24 March 2013

Relaxation.

I'm totally addicted to Lush Cosmetics.

The past year or so I've been trying to cut down on my part in animal exploitation.
First I started trying to cut down on the amount of products I use that were tested on animals or came about through animal cruelty. Secondly I became a pescetarian, something I've mentioned in previous blogs and discussed in detail.

I suppose most of us don't like the idea of animals suffering for us, but what can we personally do to cut loose our ties with animal cruelty?

I guess the first idea is obvious: if you personally have animals, treat them well. Make sure they're fed (without overfeeding them), take them to the vets if they need it, give them affection and attention and treat them as living beings with respect. Now look at your pet. How would you feel if they were being harmed for your benefit?

One reason I really love buying my cosmetic items from Lush means that they not only have animal friendly products, but they also do a lot of work and fundraising for animal based causes. They've recently started to revive their massive Against Animal Cruelty campaign.



Knowing that you're buying products that are not only free from having been tested on animals, a lot of their products are vegan. I've been shopping at Lush for six or seven years now and I love it. By now I have a decent knowledge on their products and know what my 'usuals' are.


Therefore I'd like to share with you some of my favourite Lush products. Maybe, if you like what you read, you'll try them out. Their products are of a high and wonderful quality rarely found elsewhere that pamper perfectly and provide care from head to toe.

1) Daddy-O Shampoo

A delightfully vibrant, fragrant shampoo with a soft smell of violets. It works great on light hair and dyed hair particularly and leaves your hair soft and smelling delightful. If your hair is coarse or in need of care and nutrition this is the shampoo for you. Recommended to me by an in store employee I've not used anything since; this is a product what gives back the things daily wear and tear can take from our hair.

2) American Cream
American Cream is a conditioner with a soft vanilla fragrance. If you tend to abuse your hair thus leaving it frizzy and wiry, this is the conditioner for you. It leaves hair soft, supple and all without weighing it down. This is a conditioner that will leave you surreptitiously sniffing your hair throughout the day because the sweet, light scent is pleasant and fragrant. This product is an absolute affordable luxury.

3) Rehab and Retread

These are two that should come as a pair as they work best together. Rehab shampoo will clean your hair and repair it. If you're someone that dyes your hair, applies heat to it or backcombs it a lot then this is the shampoo for you. It has a strong, sharp spearmint scent which scrubs the hair until it's clean. Then the Retread conditioner goes onto the newly fresh and clean hair and provides nutrients and smoothness, leaving a cooling scent that puts the life back into your hair. Rehab and Retread are the bathroom embodiment of a superhero team.

4) Brazened Honey


I've really been trying to take better care of myself the past few months and a part of my skin care routine is putting on some Brazened Honey face mask whilst I read because when I read that's a perfect time to do it as my face remains perfectly still. It smells wonderful and clears your skin whilst also softening it. This feels like a little luxury but it is hardly expensive and lasts for ages.

Lush also have a whole host of wonderful bath bombs for those fortunate enough to have a bath. I often pick up a bathbomb or two if staying somewhere with a bath. Some favourites of mine are Space Girl, Phoenix Rising and Romance in a Stone.

Though slightly more expensive than the average cheap bathroom product these are not, as previously stated, average. It is the excellent quality and cruelty free product that is worth every penny and I can speak from personal experience - these products last more than regular products and a little goes a long way.

Do you shop at Lush? If so, what products do you like most?

Take care of yourselves, beautiful blog-ghosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment