Thursday 14 November 2013

The Daily Mail Doesn't Know Students!

The Daily Mail have released an article estimating that students pay around £1,000 on beauty products every year. I'm here to say that, in my experience and from the students I've met, this is utter rubbish. I know students who attend some of the universities mentioned in the article who have gone to great lengths to save money such as cutting their hair to spend money on dye/shampoo etc. I know people who, during their time as a student, have had to forage for food in bins and skips. For most of us we had around £1000 per term which roughly covered about 4 months and most of it is spent on food, leisure, rent, transport etc. I honestly don't know anyone who spends that much on beauty products, student or otherwise. I probably spent under £100 for all my beauty products in my final year as a student and this includes hair dye, make up, perfume etc. I'm not denying that there aren't students who spend a lot and I'm certainly not bashing those who can afford it, I'm just saying that a lot of students are just as poor as the stereotypes suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment