Saturday 30 November 2013

Angelo Merendino gives heart breaking TEDx talk about his wife who passed from breast cancer

Seeing as it has just been Thanksgiving it's important that we consider what we're thankful for. I am certainly most thankful for the people that I love. It is therefore crucial that we turn our minds to those who spent the holidays without the ones they love. I watched this video this morning and it completely shattered my heart and then built it up again. The video is a TEDxUSU talk from Angelo Merendino as he talks about his wife Jennifer. He explains with boyish charm how he married the woman of his dreams and how their lives changed when Jennifer found that she had breast cancer. It's a long video but I assure you that every moment is worth watching. Please remember your loved ones. 

Check out Angelo's website My Wife's Fight With Breast Cancer: The Battle We Didn't Choose and, if possible, consider buying his book. Half of the money Angelo gets from his book sales go right back into a charitable foundation that provides financial aid to women living with cancer as they receive treatment.


No comments:

Post a Comment