Saturday 16 November 2013

NaNoWriMo: Entering Week 3 and Conquering The Tricky Middle

I'm now into the third week of NaNoWriMo and I find myself at the difficult centre of the novel. Why is the centre always the hardest part? It seems so easy. For some reason the beginnings and ends are the easiest parts to write. You begin writing with excitement and have fun creating and introducing characters. The end can be dramatic, fun to craft. The middle, that journey between fun beginnings and dramatic endings, can be a real killjoy and that's what I'm finding. A the rest has been easy enough but actually writing the major events is hard. Even then I think it will be some time before this novel can be re-drafted and presented for any secondary steps towards publication. Writing a novel is hard but this is certainly the furthest I've ever managed to get with one so... fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment