Wednesday 24 April 2013

Writer Problems #4: Inspiration

Writers rarely seem to choose when inspiration hits. It just walks in and will gladly leave. You have to seize it when it comes.
This is why, during our first year of university, our creative writing tutor urged us to keep a book and pen on us at all times.
This way, should inspiration hit, we were prepared to capture it. Unfortunately my inspiration always seems to hit at night time once I've crawled into bed and turned out the light. Five minutes later the greatest ideas hit and I have to apologise to my partner, turn the light on and pick up the pad and pencil that always sits at my bedside.
Thankfully this morning my brain decided to wake me with inspiration in the form of a dream so I started the day writing.

When are YOU most inspired?
Let me know in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment