Tuesday 30 April 2013

Poetry.

Have currently been working on my first collection of poetry. In truth I think I like writing poetry more than I enjoy writing fiction. It's so much easier to structure and drive. With poetry I never know where I'm going once I start whereas with a novel I feel as if the destination and route must be known and mapped in advance.

Poetry, to me, feels like freedom. You have full control over whether or not you choose to rhyme, how it should be structured. It can be short or an epic. You can write a poem on any topic and you can stop writing as soon as you run out of ideas. It allows for such a variety of styles, such an interesting level of experimentation...


Q:
Who are YOUR favourite poets?
What is your favourite poem?
Let me know in the comments section below - anyone can comment. Just click on the title of this blog, scroll down and click on the pencil symbol. I look forward to hearing your responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment