Monday 22 April 2013

Blonde Goths: They do exist!


I'm currently in the preparation process for Whitby Goth Weekend.

Whitby Goth Weekend seems, at times, like some sort of fashion parade. Everyone gets dressed up in their Whitby finest for a wander around the town with their make up applied and hair teased. Some people plan their Whitby outfits months in advance. In fact the sheer effort that people put into their costumes often leaves me feeling a little overwhelmed. Many think that all Goths follow the same aesthetic pattern: pale skin, dark hair, those lusciously painted eyes and a uniform outfit of black. This simply isn't so. In fact I'm currently preparing to do something many would think totally un-Goth.

Like the glorious Anja Huwe of Xmal Deutschland I wish to shine like the Polarlicht. I am currently in the process of lightening my hair. The top is great, all icy blonde, but it fades into Tully auburn/ginger. My hope is to be fully blonde by the end of the week before I head to Whitters - otherwise I may end up cutting out some of the auburn/ginger locks.

I will hopefully have my hair lightened to the correct shade, crimped and teased for next Saturday.
If not the dark stuff'll be torn out leaving me to look like the alternative Miley Cyrus...

1 comment:

  1. xmals-Anje Huwe-Amazing woman. saw them in Birmingham in the mid 80s when I was 16. Along with the Sisters and Skeletal Family, forced me to dye my hair black for a good many years. I wouldn't have looked right blonde.

    ReplyDelete