Wednesday 17 April 2013

Congratulations, New Zealand!

Well congratulations to New Zealand for legalising same sex marriage. This marks another step in the journey for marriage equality.

Readers, I'd like to share with you one of the most moving things I've seen in some time. Here we see the video of the third reading of the amendment bill, the moment where it is announced that the house is in favour of same sex marriage. All of a sudden someone in the gallery breaks out into song Pokarekare Ana, a traditional Maori song from New Zealand and once I'm particularly fond of. Soon members up in the gallery and below stand and sing together to mark this momentous occasion. In all honesty I must admit that this video had me tearing up. It's such a beautiful moment, please watch.

Thank you, New Zealand.
You are now even more awesome than before.



No comments:

Post a Comment