Saturday 6 April 2013

Sit down, write a list.

Last month in the middle of an education-fuelled panic I sat down and wrote my very own 30 before 30 list compiled of things I wanted to achieve in life. It was a lot of fun and therapeutic, it gave me things to think about and look forward to.

Ones I've completed:
- Well, I've stuck with my pescetarian diet and I fully intend to keep going with it.
- I actually did dabble in the weird world of fan-fiction. I created something truly awful and posted it online written in the style of My Immortal, an internet phenomenon that has brought years of laughter to my friends and I. Yes, I've inflicted something terrible on the world and I have no regrets. No, I'm not saying where it's posted or anything about it. It was done anonymously... next time you read a poorly written fan-fiction just question 'Is that her?'
The answer is probably "Yes, but don't say it too loud!"
- Trying my hand at journalism

Ones I'm close to completing:

- I'm about to create an ISA savings account and put some money away for at least a year or so.
- Ingredients for making macaroons have been purchased but I have to wait until my mother can be around to supervise. It doesn't matter that I'm in my 20s, I'll mess it up somehow if left by myself in a kitchen.
- I did a small walk the other week, not exactly a hike, but my knee is still healing from where I tore the ligament/damaged the cartilage in a fall. Everything starts somewhere.
- Still looking for a job, waiting to hear back from some recent applications, hopefully I'll have a response from them.
- I've started working on my 'To Read' list, expect a new book review & response by the end of the week.
- Started weightlifting... in that I had a few lifting sessions, nothing major. I'll continue when I'm back at my apartment where our weights happen to be.



I wholeheartedly suggest writing a list regardless of your age as it provides focus and gives you a chance to really consider what you want out of life so you know what you want and can then consider how to achieve it. If you do write one please let me know in the comments or upload it to the "Listomania" section of the 30 Before 30 website. I hope you can take the time to focus on yourself. If you're already working on completing things on a bucket list of your own, good luck and keep going.

Links:
Click here to see my 30 Before 30 List
Click here to upload your list
Click here to watch the dreadful but wonderful "My Immortal"
Click here to go to the 30 Before 30 Website

No comments:

Post a Comment