Wednesday 1 May 2013

YouTube!

In my apartment I don't own a TV so in recent years I've turned to YouTube as a means of entertainment. So much nowadays can be found on YouTubes from short, viral videos to full episodes of television shows. Today I'd like to share with you some of my favourite YouTubers. If you're interested then please go subscribe to them.

My first YouTube shout out goes to the wonderful Hannah Hart.
Hart started her own YouTube show called 'My Drunk Kitchen' where she disastrously tries to cook things whilst mildly drunk. Her videos are full of guests, puns and quotable moments.
Hannah Hart is currently touring her show across America in a two and a half month event called Hello Harto! Her recent videos make me want to pack up all my possessions  buy a camper-van and travel across the country myself. Hannah's positivity and infectious personality really won me over and I wish I could be a fly on the wall of their Hello Harto tour bus as it looks like they're having such a fun time





Next I highly recommend the vlogbrothers. Essentially it's the tale of two brothers blogging back and forth on different topics. They've raised interest in literature and science. Their videos are full of fun and variety and nerdy goodness. If you like their stuff then look up their side projects: The Lizzie Bennet Diaries and Crash Course. John Green is also an award winning novelist, you can find all of his books on Amazon or, probably, your local book store.




Then there's Brittani Louise Taylor, a YouTube actress who has been active for many years. Though she doesn't post as many sketches as she used to and now focuses more on D.I.Y she uploads regularly and puts up interesting content. She always seems so positive and pleasant towards the people around her.





One of my favourite YouTubers at present is the wonderful Comicbookgirl19. She's entertaining, she's opinionated, she's gutsy, she also has shaved sides of her head. What's not to love?
Her channel dabbles in many things from discussions of recent comic books to explaining the histories of various noble houses in Game of Thrones.

Comicbookgirl19 is currently in the middle of a Kickstarter project so that she can make more videos, more often. If you like what you see then please take a look into her Kickstarter. You can fund as little as a dollar. See more info about that here.






Laci Green is a YouTuber promoting positive body image and sex education for modern times. She discusses representations of sex and relationships in the media or prevalent societal issues.

See her videos here and here









Sokolum79 is a makeup artist on YouTube whose tutorials are really inspiring. Her tutorials range from basic and beautiful daytime looks to bold, colourful designs.
This particular purple look displayed on the right is one I'm looking forward to trying next time I go out.

Sokolum79 can be found here and the particular purple smokey look can be found here.













I'm also a big fan of Feminist Frequency. Hosted by the brilliant Anita Sarkeesian this channel is full of videos discussing feminism and the representations of women in the media. The channel has a whole series called Tropes Vs. Women discussing different stereotypes in the presentation of female characters. The latest Feminist Frequency project specifically details the presentation of female characters within video games. The first episode is up now and I eagerly await the next instalment.















Q:
What do YOU like to watch on YouTube?
Let me know in the comments section below...

No comments:

Post a Comment