Friday 3 May 2013

The Road Goes Ever On


By midnight tonight I'll have submitted all my final pieces of university work and prepare to explore that general realm of whatever comes next. I've been applying for jobs here and abroad as I'd love the chance to combine work with travel. What excites me about this point in my life is having absolutely no idea what I'm going to do and still finding this a very positive experience.

I'd love to travel and write and experience the world. I never really had a gap year because I couldn't find a job at the time to support it. If I could combine my trip over to New Zealand with work for a while it'd be great - even if it was just volunteer work. I'm more and more concious of the vastness of the world we live in and my personal desire to experience it.

If you know of any good experiences and places to work abroad for up to 3 months please let me know. I'm not looking to jet off anywhere for too long at this stage as I'd like to spend some time with my family before flying away somewhere.

With all the work I've had recently I've fallen behind on my writing deadlines of 500 words of novel and a poem per day but if you see the calendar in my kitchen pretty much every day this month has a rigid writing schedule. I am, however, determined to make this my year in terms of creative writing. Watch this space.


If you've any suggestions of work abroad, let me know in the comments section below.


No comments:

Post a Comment