Saturday 25 May 2013

The Great Gatsby: A review



I'v been waiting for this film to be released for some time with much excitement. As a fan of Baz Luhrmann's work, especially "Moulin Rouge!", and expected a sumptuous visual display. Luhrmann delivered. This is a film that has been receiving mixed reviews but I firmly stand with those in favour of this particular movie.

Much in the way that a great meal is a treat to the taste-buds I felt as if my eyes were being treated to something wonderful. The costumes were beautiful, the combination of classic and contemporary music styles was a real treat. I personally really enjoyed this film. The plot itself was very straight forward but the cast give some excellent performances and the film is nothing short of a visual feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment