Tuesday 7 May 2013

Thanks and Hiatus



Hello blog-ghosts! Since I last logged on we've raced past the 3000 views mark. Thank you so much for reading - you enrich this entire experience. I just wanted to post a message to say that I will be away for a few days more. There are two reasons for this. The first is that I traveled across the country and left my laptop cable behind. D'oh! Secondly... I traveled across the country because my father is in hospital. He has had the first of several surgeries. I was so scared when I heard he was in hospital because my Dad is a strong being. He is the man who never takes days off. In fact I think tomorrow will be the first time he doesn't go into work since he took up the position. Even when he had to come home ill he went to work in the morning and only came home because he had to. Sitting around his hospital bed with my mother and sister made me really remember the importance of family and how, in that hospital in recent years, we've been there for each other. The older I get the more I recognise my parents as two strange best friends who have always given me such love and support.
My partner will be sending me my cable if I can't find another, but I've spent the past two days mostly in hospital with my Dad. So I'm sorry for the silence but I hope to be back soon.
 
Go find the people you live today and hug them, speak to them and remind yourself why you live them. The people in our lives are invaluable, precious beings. Take care of yourselves, readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment