Thursday 5 December 2013

Nerd Quiz!

I made a nerd quiz for another website so I decided to share my questions and answers here for y'all.

What were your preferred school subjects?
I loved studying English, both language and literature, and I loved drama/theatre studies. I also loved languages. Whilst in high school I studied French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese. Call me crazy but geography wasn't too bad either.

Were you particularly good at maths or science?
Not wildly. I enjoyed biology though but probably more because I had a wonderful teacher for it.

What fandoms would you consider yourself a part of?
I'm a fan of epic fantasies so you're most likely to see me sharing anything related to Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit. Also Buffy. Always Buffy. The most recent show I've gotten into is Masters of Sex but we don't exactly have a raving fan base. And Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles but again, there doesn't seem to be much hype for her work on t'internet. I'm gonna go search for VC bloggers. I mean I like Sherlock and I used to watch Doctor Who but I wouldn't consider myself an active part of those fandoms so... 

Have you ever done cosplay?
Not to any conventions or anything but I have gone in character costumes to things like film screenings. 

Your OTP?
Probably Willow and Tara

Is there a pairing you ship that you tend to keep quiet about shipping?
*cough* Jaime and Cersei *cough*

Do you read fanfiction?
I have.

Do you write fanfiction?
Ha, my friends and I get together every now and then to purposely write crappy fanfics to make the others laugh. I have one that my friend Charlie wrote and signed stuck up on my wall and it has been on the wall of every apartment I've lived in over the past few years. So yes, I've written fanfiction but not for general reading. More to make my friends pee their pants.

Are you a part of an online MMO?
Yes. I'm a level 74 Elven Hunter on LOTRO.
I have two alts but I mean really who cares about alts when your main is a hunter? It means I can use ranged attacks and do less running around between quests. 

Have you ever played Dungeons and Dragons?
No. I've been invited to a Dungeons and Dragons playing event but I didn't go (not because I didn't want to or was being dismissive but I forgot because DISSERTATION)

Do you consider yourself a gamer?
Apart from the aforementioned MMO, no. I don't play anything on Playstation or wii or Xbox. Just LOTRO. :3

What are your favourite books?
Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
The Great Gatsby - F.Scott Fitzgerald
Interview with the Vampire - Anne Rice
The Vampire Armand - Anne Rice
The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
And all the appropriate Tolkien and GRRM of course..

Have you ever been to San Diego Comic Con?
No. *weeps profusely* 

Do you collect anything?Nothing of much interest.

Do you have a crush on any fictional characters?
Hahaha, don't be fucking silly. This is 2013. Of course I do.
Aragorn
Khal Drogo
Jaqen H'ghar but only with Tom Wlaschiha's face.
Jaime Lannister
Thorin
Spike
Legolas
Joshua York
Kili
Selene, Lucian, Michael Corvin and Sonja
Ella from Hex
Lestat
Arwen
Thranduil
Eric/The Phantom/The Opera Ghost
Jareth from Labyrinth because Oh My God, DAVID FUCKING BOWIE.
Everyone.
Many more.

What are your thoughts on 3D movies?
I think it works for some films but it does seem to be this gimmicky thing Hollywood seems to roll out a lot at the moment. I don't know. Not every film needs to be in 3D. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. At times I feel it can distract from the film itself.

What film would you love to see remade?
I called it the other day. I want to see a Peter Jackson remake of the film "Legend" with everything being way less cheesy and preferably with Tim Curry still playing Darkness. Other than that I tend to like good films left alone and not remade. I'd like to see them remake Cirque Du Freak and do it properly because the film version of Darren Shan's teen vampire series were just... so awful. 

What book would you love to see made into a film?
Again, Darren Shan's Cirque Du Freak/Darren Shan Vampire Saga. I'd love to see a decent film based on Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles.

Is there a a film/book that seems really popular that you didn't enjoy?
Yes. I actually wasn't really too happy with the Hunger Games movie. I know that this is an incredibly unpopular opinion but, for me, so much of the actual Hunger Games was rushed. I say this as someone who read the books and came with certain expectations. Katniss and Rue were friends for about two minutes before she was dead. They didn't really explore that relationship. The Hunger Games were over so soon. They changed and edited bits. No mention of an Avox. I was mad that they didn't say that the dogs at the end were actually weird reincarnated versions of the previous Hunger Games competitors. For me that was kinda horrifying and hinted at the power the Capitol has and how utterly ruthless/heartless they are but whatevs. If you liked the movie then that's cool, good for you, but for me I just think it kinda fell flat and they focused more on the romance between Peeta and Katniss and more superficial things. Also I know that the film wanted to keep a low rating but I feel that they really kept the violence clean. This is a book based on children killing each other. You don't have to go totally Battle Royale but I kinda expected to see enough to feel horrified. They kinda kept it clean which underplayed the horror of the Games.


Well I got pretty rambly there at the end but I hope you enjoyed that. Feel free to spread it and share it around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment