Tuesday 31 December 2013

2014: Silver Lining Search

I like to believe in the notion of silver linings, that there's always something positive. These things don't always present themselves; sometimes we have to find them. We have to go out and actively search for the goodness that life can bring.

So I have this crazy idea that, here on the blog, I'm doing something called the "silver lining search" challenge where each day I'll think of nice things I've enjoyed. Let's call this an exercise in positive thinking. Maybe it'll be a story someone tells me, a book I love or a picture I take. At the end of each week I'll write up a little post and share it here with you all. If some of the things that happen are quite personal then perhaps I'll keep them private but the idea is that I'll be sharing positivity with you and with myself. I'll also write them down on paper and put the silver linings into a jar and seal it and not go back and read them until the end of the year. This way I'll have a lovely collection of silver linings, a reminder of all the lovely things that happened in 2014.

So on January 1st I shall start with an empty jar. As the day begins I'll write down any nice things that happen in that day on a little piece of paper and I'll put it into the jar. Piece by piece I'll record the positivity a year brings. When 2014 ends I shall read and review all the lovely things that happened to me that year. Who knows? If it's a good year maybe I'll need more than one jar.

In looking for positive things it'll ensure I remain happy at every turn. I'll try it for the first month or so of 2014 and, if I can continue, I shall.

Please feel free to find your silver linings with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment