Saturday 28 December 2013

Hemlock Grove + Thoughts on Season One

I recently sat down to watch another Netflix original show: Hemlock Grove. This show was recommended to me by a friend. As a Buffy/True Blood fan and all things horror I figured that something else with supernatural beings in a creepy town would be right up my dark, poorly lit alley...

So I sat down to watch this Netflix original series and am now three episodes in and am enjoying it. It sets up an air of mystery and a lot of questions, many of which are yet to be answered. Young protagonist Peter is the new boy in town. Disliked because of his gypsy heritage he has trouble connecting with people until the arcane, stoic Roman Godffrey befriends him. The two boys begin to realise that they are more similar than they appear and that they both have secrets as they are brought together to solve some strange, gruesome murders in their town whilst trying to shake the feeling that something big is about to happen...

What I did really enjoy so far was the werewolf transformation as it was one of the most visceral and violent physical lycanthropic changes I've seen on screen. That, so far, has been a real highlight for me.

I'm three episodes in and I'm still not entirely sure how much I like this show, what's going on or if I'll stick with it but it's interesting enough. If you like True Blood, Supernatural, Teen Wolf etc then this is probably a show that you should check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment