Friday 3 January 2014

What I'm Looking Forward To In 2014

I've recently discussed what I enjoyed in 2014, but I thought I'd share with you some of the things I'm looking forward to in 2014. I just wanted to take a moment to look forward to think of all the good things ahead of me. I've not got too much planned for 2014 just yet but what I do have planned I'll share with you ...

- I'm looking forward to going to the wedding of my wonderful poet friend, Devon. She's been engaged to her partner for so long and I can't wait to see them tie the knot and I feel so honoured to be a part of her special day.

- Speaking of Devon, I'm looking forward to another holiday with my university friends. Last year we went to Corfu the week before our university graduation and we had a week of silliness and letting our hair down. This year we're hopefully planning on going to Dublin and, hopefully, doing one crazy trip with each other per year to make sure we keep in touch though we're following our lives since university which seems to take us in very different directions.

- I'm looking forward to working on new projects. I hope to revisit my poetry and do some script work in 2014. My mind is buzzing with excitement for the challenges ahead. I'm also gonna start regularly vlogging and see where that takes me. I suppose I've just decided to broaden all of my horizons and really explore every possible road for me.

- I'm looking forward to the publication of my first chapbook and being able to call myself a published author. I'll be launching my published work at a literature festival so I'm definitely looking forward to the festival/book launch/my first public appearance out as an author. It's all very exciting.

- I'm happily looking forward to the introduction of same sex marriage in the UK. Couples across the country will be able to join and share their love.

- I'm looking forward to going inter-railing with my Dad and travelling across Europe. It'll be some good family time to bond with my Dad as he's always wanted to travel and we've discussed doing a trip like this for years. I hope to do quite a bit of travelling in 2014 and the years to come.

- I'm looking forward to seeing my partner graduate from university and celebrating three years of hard work together.

- I'm looking forward to seeing Within Temptation performing again. I think they may be the only gig tickets I have booked for 2014 and I booked them in January 2013. I booked a life event about a year and two months in advance. I'm ever so organised.

So that was brief but off the top of my head those are the highlights of 2014 for me already. I'm hoping for travel, success and time around those I love. I hope to go to some good gigs. I hope that more good things are to come from this year for myself and for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment