Saturday 4 January 2014

2014 Reading Challenge

So I've set myself a 2014 reading challenge.

The aim is to read roughly 50 books in the 52 or so weeks within the year. This averages at about a book each week which may seem easy for some but, for me, will be an exercise in discipline. I aim to keep a record of the books I read this year, even writing reviews on as many as I can, but I thought I'd share with you a list of some of the books I have bought and have laying around, still unread. I suppose this is more for my benefit than yours but if you have the same book as me and are yet to read it why not join my journey and read along with me or why not create your own 2014 reading challenge?

Some of the books I hope to read this year:
  • Eden by Paul Stuart Kemp
  • The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jonny Wingfield
  • Beneath A Rising Moon by Keri Arthur
  • Monkey's Birthday and Other Stories by Simon Crump
  • Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
  • The Pain Merchants by Janice Hardy
  • The Harsh Cry of the Heron by Lian Hearn
  • Nos4a2 by Joe Hill
  • The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • The Dante Trap by Arnaud Delalande
  • The Temptress by Paul Spicer
  • A Christmas Story by Stephen Benatar
  • \Written on the Body by Jeannette Winterson
  • Of Beasts and Beings by Ian Holding
  • Daisy Fay and The Miracle Man by Fannie Flagg
  • Bitten by Kelly Armstrong
  • A Diamond as Big as The Ritz by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • A Child of the Jago by Arthur Morrison
  • The Children of  Húrin by J.R.R Tolkien
  • Too Far by Rich Shapero
  • The Toymaker by Jeremy de Quidt
  • The Vampyre by Tom Holland
  • The Thing Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
  • The Wolves of Midwinter by Anne Rice
  • Escape From Camp 14 by Blaine Harden
  • Instant Mom by Nia Vardalos
  • Lips Touch by Laini Taylor
  • Dracula, The Undead by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt
  • Pride And Prejudice And Zombies by Seth Grahame Smith
  • Sex Life by Pamela Stephenson-Connolly
  • The Iron King by Maurice Druon
  • Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  • The Affinity Bridge by George Mann
  • Twilight Time by Simon Crump
  • The Sentinel Mage by Emily Gee
  • Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
  • Indian Love Stories by Sudhir Kakar
  • Oranges are Not The Only Fruit by Jeannette Winterson
  • Dear Scott, Dearest Zelda: The Love Letters of F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald

...and many more.
This is, of course, just based on a perusal of my book shelf. 
I simply hope to have read at least a few of the above books by the end of the year so that I can share my thoughts on them with you and hopefully open up a discussion. If you have any book suggestions then tweet me and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment