Thursday 30 January 2014

Journalist? Moi?

Tonight I'm currently staying up and working on the final bits for this exciting application for a second job. The job is pretty cool - it's a job working as a columnist for an arts and culture magazine. I'd write an article per week and earn about £100 for that article. I'd be able to officially say that I earned money from writing. It's certainly a nice introduction to earning from writing before the release of my short story collection later this year. I personally really hope that I get this position because, although I hadn't even considered pursuing journalism until last year, it's something that I'm now really excited by.

The application consists of three parts: my CV, a cover letter and sample articles to show them how I write. Hopefully this shall all go well for me as I'd really love the chance to write for this magazine and to have the chance to say that I get paid to write. Keep your fingers crossed for me, guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment