Thursday 9 January 2014

Knee.

I made a post not too long ago about the troubles I've had this past year with my knee. I injured it in 2012 and am still waiting to have my knee fixed but it'll take an operation. I have never had a major operation before so the prospect is a little scary to me even though it's a pretty standard procedure.

Having this knee injury has dramatically altered my life and how much I can move and what I can do. That said I went to the gym last night and there was a low impact water aerobics session. Low impact exercise is a kind of exercise that is good if you have a pre-existing/chronic injury/pain like I do. The woman teaching the class even had the same knee problems I had and had recently had the operation on her knee to fix it. She was really kind and considerate about my knee throughout the process making sure I didn't hurt myself or strain the knee. I don't really know the point of this post but I suppose I'm just happy that I managed to get some work out time into my week and that I managed to finally attend a low impact exercise class. I've even lost a stone and a half over the last few months. Even though I've been in a bit of pain and discomfort it'll hopefully be over soon and it's not getting in the way of my health. If you're going through something similar then I send you big hugs because it's a real inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment