Thursday 16 January 2014

Brooklyn Nine Nine episode: Response + Review

Having just aired on E4 I'm sure a lot of people across the UK tuned in to watch this show. In the past few days it has racked up a lot of attention after two wins at the Golden Globes, one of which was specifically for Andy Samberg. This rowdy cop comedy wasn't laugh out loud funny but certainly was a promising start. It stars Andy Samberg from The Lonely Island, has at least one queer POC character and is a bit of comic relief from the usual hard hitting cop shows on TV these days. Stephanie Beatriz's character reminds me of a grown up version of Spinelli from Recess. The first episode itself wasn't enough to get me hooked but there's some chance I'll tune in to see the second episode. If you like funny cop shows personally I'd recommend A Touch Of Cloth because, as a Brit, I felt that the humour worked more for me personally. The show set off with a quirky enough start that may not entice everyone but the fact that it won two Golden Globes will make me tune in just to learn a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment