Sunday 15 September 2013

Song of the Day: River by Joni Mitchell

I'm in bed with a cold so I feel very ill and rather sorry for myself. In the end I ended up listening to Joni Mitchell last night. It seemed like a good musical choice. Not in a "Love, Actually" weeping to myself way, I focused on some of her more cheery numbers. That said, this is a Joni song I'm yet to feature on the blog. If you know what the song is about then it's actually kind of heart breaking. It's about Joni Mitchell missing the child she gave up for adoption when she was young around Christmas and feeling a sense of regret for missing out on raising her. I totally suggest looking it up as it had a kind of happy ending and the two eventually met and got to speak to each other. 
Actually Joni Mitchell's "Blue" album is my most recent iTunes download. 
Enjoy,


No comments:

Post a Comment