Saturday 28 September 2013

IT Crowd feels.

So I finally got around to watching the final episode of The IT Crowd. I'd waited so patiently for this small slice of closure only to truly wish for more.

I really enjoyed their playful attempts to peck away at the fourth wall and the revival of old jokes with references to past episodes. It hit on a lot of contemporary topics that have arisen since the last series in a humorous manner. The show provided a happy rags to riches ending for our underdog trio which saw Reynholm Industries change hands and evolve entirely. The final instalment of the show certainly did not disappoint. I loved that Matt Berry even got his own animated 'toon in the intro credits. The sad thing is that the way it ended quenched a thirst and left me wanting more and I was left knowing that I probably won't see any more of Jen, Roy and Moss which was very sad.

Even if they can't do more seasons of the show I'd love to see the show explored in a different format. Maybe through a Youtube show (a la Guild) following Moss with his Board Game webisodes, similar to Sheldon's "Fun With Flags" from The Big Bang Theory. The show rounded everything off nicely, but I'll live in hope for more nerdtastic future fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment