Thursday 5 September 2013

Graduation Memories.

Three years ago I was preparing for the move to Yorkshire. 
Here I am three years later with a degree and a vast worth of experience. If you look to the left you'll see my hand and a crazy ring. Now I know this is a little late but I wanted to share this with you. I wore that ring on graduation day. It sorta clashed with the long, traditional robes but I had a reason. In the first few weeks of uni, desperate and excited to throw myself head first into academia, I arranged a study session in the library with some friends to work on a poetry analysis assignment. A friend brought these silly children's cupcakes, each had a little Halloween themed ring on top. Mine had a little witch on it. I joked that, since that felt like where we were starting, I'd wear the ring when I graduated and I stuck to my promise. We totally failed the poetry analysis assignment but I shall forever remember that study session and the people I shared it with and the fun we had particularly within that first year. I wore that ring with pride on graduation day because it felt like a pleasant reminder of where we started: young, hopeful and stumbling through our first assignment.

Good luck and best wishes to anyone currently preparing to go away for university. I hope you make the best of your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment