Sunday 22 September 2013

September Favourites

Now for my favourites for the month of September. This is a segment where I discuss some of my recent purchases and favourite items. The only problem is I was meant to post this in August but forgot so I've lumbered everything from August in with September so there's a lot of favourite items to cover.


One purchase I've really loved has been "Breath of Fresh Air" from Lush Cosmetics. I've long been a fan of Lush Cosmetics as they are an eco-friendly company. Most (if not all) of their ingredients are fair trade or organic and they are staunchly against testing on animals.

"Breath of Fresh Air" is a skin toner that really cleans out your skin and is perfect for oily or greasy skin as it just clears that away and leaves your face smooth, cleansed and clear. I've started using it daily and it always seems to be able to strip grime and make up from my face that other products miss.


My most recent iTunes purchase was  from the wonderful Joni Mitchell.
Joni Mitchell has a strong, distinctive voice that I love to curl up and listen to in the evening.

My favourite songs off of this album are "Blue", "River" and "A Case of You"









I recently downloaded an audiobook of Maurice Druon's "The Iron King" from Audible.com.
I had it on my Amazon Wishlist but used my free Audible download to get it in audiobook format.

This book series served as inspiration for George R.R Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.

If you haven't done so yet, why not try Audible to get a free audiobook downloaded to your phone, mp3 player or computer?






Speaking of George R.R Martin I gave him more of my money recently.
I bought "DreamSongs" which is a collection of George R.R Martin's short stories from throughout his life.
Don't worry - I'll write a full review of DreamSongs and post it very soon so I won't say too much soon.
All I'll say is that I really enjoyed reading it and I think you will too.


Oh!
And speaking of George R.R Martin I bought this necklace.

Why?

Honestly I only bought it because I thought it was something that Cersei Lannister would wear.
I'm a big fan of the Lannisters (well, not all of them) so it was a bit of an impulse buy but I love it.
Wearing it makes me feel so regal and not the slightest bit incest-y.




Another favourite this month?
Alpro Soya Chocolate Milk.
I've been keeping to my healthy diet which is practically vegan on some days.
This chocolate milk is absolutely delicious and I swear you'd honestly not even notice that it's not a dairy product.
Just trust me and try it if you can because it's scrumptious stuff.
I also love Alpro's hazelnut milk. It's kind of like drinking a Kinder Bueno and a great way of getting nut oils into your diet to support healthy hair and skin growth.



Last month I also treated myself to some MAC eye-shadows.
I like MAC as they made good quality, animal-cruelty-free products. I bought their white eye-shadow (as pictured on the left) and a silver eye-shadow. The two, since their purchase, have become staple items in my make up bag to create a quick but flawless smoky eye look in a way that most other eye-shadows seldom create.

I think the silver eye-shadow shade is called "Silver Ring" but I no longer have the box to check. Sorry!






I recently dug out some books from the back of my cupboards and found this gem.
I found Darren Shan's "Demonata" series as well as the "Darren Shan Saga" and you may have noticed that I made a recent post about how I'll be re-reading and discussing these books in upcoming blog posts.
Those should be coming along in October for some Halloween themed goodness so stay tuned. I highly recommend picking up these books so you can read along and maybe we can get into some discussion about the books. As a vampire literature fan the "Darren Shan" saga gave a new, cool perspective on the archetypal vampire myth: it made it dirty and boyish which, as a teen, I really enjoyed reading.







Well, that about wraps it up for my September favourites.
If you're interested in anything mentioned in this post and want to purchase it, click on one of the links below to find affordable products:


ALSO DO VLOG OF THIS.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment