Friday 20 September 2013

Under-appreciated TV shows: The I.T Crowd

A show I love, loved and am revisiting is The I.T Crowd after finding my DVDs once more. The show follows two socially inept IT consultants, Roy and Moss, working in the basement of a large company called Reynholm Industries. In the first episode an IT Manager, the feisty but technophobic Jen Barber, is brought in to manage Roy and Moss. In a strange way the trio complete each other and very soon craziness ensues. This remains, to me, one of the funniest shows ever created. The show was adapted for US screens but "didn't quite spark" and therefore never made it to American screens. The British show, however, remains superior and simply demands to be watched.



It has been said that the team got back together to film a farewell episode said to air later this month. According to Wikipedia the feature length episode will air on the 27th. I'll be watching and, most likely, softly weeping into my keyboard.

Click below to pick up a copy of all the IT Crowd DVDs:

No comments:

Post a Comment