Monday 30 September 2013

"Crossroads" by Arthur Rei

I had considered posting this as my song of the day but decided to focus on the album as a whole instead. Dear readers, I wish to introduce you to Arthur Rei.

Arthur is a dashing, talented young musician. He's also a wonderful friend of mine. Armed with great musical skill and a fantastic sense of humour he has just released his first 5 track album: Crossroads. The album boasts quite a diverse range of songs. When I spoke to Arthur the other week and asked him roughly what genre of music his music was he could not answer. Now that I've had a listen to it I'm afraid I find it hard to come up with an answer too. All I know is this is a cool, quirky album and a great first EP. The album itself has a freedom to it that seems unencumbered by the limits and boundaries of a specific genre. It's contemporary music that indie fans will surely love. Created with a nice blend of different instruments, Crossroads is an album I'd urge you to buy. If you buy the album now, for the price of just £5, you can even get yourself a signed copy. So I urge you to support a wonderful new artist (and, I must add, a starving student) by picking up a copy of Crossroads by Arthur Rei and please spread the words to your friends, play it on your radio stations and get this music out there.

Each song follows the simple theme of hopefulness delivered in very different manners.

The album, entitled "Crossroads", is currently for sale on bandcamp.
Check Arthur Rei out on Facebook and please like his page.
Like Arthur Rei on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment