Sunday 2 June 2013

Love.

Having returned to the family home after my time in Yorkshire I'm aware how many would see it. Moving back in with your parents is often seen as a sign of failure to launch yourself into the world. It's seen as totally uncool to head back home after moving out. That being said I have no regrets in my decision.

I'm at that age where I, like my parents, am an adult. Our relationship is one of respect (despite any 'loving' verbal abuse exchanged between my father and I) and so the family ties have become more loose and comfortable.

One thing I missed most as I lived elsewhere was seeing my sister on a regular basis. There is quite a large age gap between my sister and I. I feel that, in living away, I've missed the privilege of watching her grow.

I'm hoping to spend a lot of time with her over the years. It seemed that it was only once we were apart that I realised how much I care for her. Isn't that always the way? Be thankful for your siblings. If you've not seen or contacted them in a while, why not do so now? It's a Sunday, you've probably not got much better to do if you're reading blogs on the internet. Go call your siblings, your parents, those you call family and just let them know that you love them. People deserve to be reminded that they're loved. Who knows? You might just make their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment