Monday 10 June 2013

June Favourites

Here are my favourite items for the month of June from books to jewellery. Next month, what with my holiday, expect a lot of pretty dresses and bikinis for general holiday goodness.



If you like your fiction surreal and full of blasphemous statements about our beloved pop stars then this is the book for you. The author of this book is an absolute nut, a real crazy guy. I say this with confidence because he's a friend of mine. That said he writes in such an offbeat, entertaining way that I'm looking forward to reading his most popular book. "Neverland" is a collection of short stories about false events in the life of Michael Jackson. Simon Crump also wrote a book about fictional events from the life of Elvis that got him banned from the Elvis fanclub of a small German town who released a statement saying ''We do not know who is this Simon Crumpbut he is not welcome in our town.'
Worth a read just for that, I'd say.




I've currently been really into cook books and I knocked this beauty off of my Amazon wish list to treat myself. I first heard of it on Miers' cooking show. 

When in my kitchen I cook almost anything with spice if possible. I'm looking forward to making some tasty items from this book later this month.






This is the other cookbook I treated myself to recently. I'm admittedly not the best cook but I'm hoping to find some new regular recipes here. 


I think I specifically bought this cookbook because of the cover. Chilli and cheese? Yes, please.


You can find The Accidental Vegetarian here.







I'm obsessed with SteamRetro jewellery. As a Lord of the Rings nerd I'm particularly in love with their LOTR replica jewellery. I just received my greenleaf Lothlorien brooch/necklace and I've put in an order for this Galadriel replica ring. Of course SteamRetro do a lot of wonderful original jewellery too - but first I'm buying the nerdy LOTR items I've wanted for years before I continue to empty my bank account on their original jewellery. Check out the Galadriel Nenya ring here. Check out SteamRetro themselves here.




Movie of the Month: Cabin In The Woods.
It is the perfect post-modern criticism to accompany traditional, contemporary slasher/horror films and is executed in perfect Whedon style and humour. It is so perfectly crafted - I totally recommend seeing it but do yourself a favour: don't read any information about the film. Just put it on, watch and save your questions until the end because they will be answered. Perfect for someone who watches a lot of horror films.










After being parted for so long (well, after leaving it in the shower at my Yorkshire apartment) my favourite shampoo and I are reunited. Daddy-O from Lush Cosmetics leave my hair smooth, soft and fragrant. I really love it. I tend to use it with American Cream conditioner - perfect if you need to apply lots of love back to your hair after lots of dye, products and heat. It has a really light, subtle scent that I love and lasts all day. If you're interested you can find Daddy-O online here



Scent of the month is Happy Heart from Clinique. It settles nicely and lasts all day. It's a subtle scent - quite light and not too strong. Other perfumes I'd recommend:
- Gucci: Envy Me
- DKNY: Delicious
- So...? In Love
- Lacoste: Pour Femme











Those are my June favourites. I'm going to go watch the season finale of Game of Thrones.

No comments:

Post a Comment