Thursday 20 June 2013

Camden Appreciation

Yesterday, before going to see Siouxsie, I stopped off at one of my favourite places: Camden Town in London. Camden Town is a colourful corner of London full of stalls, shops and food merchants. You can find everything from comic books to bespoke jewellery.

After visiting Camden on Monday I was reminded of all the reasons why I love it. It's a town full of tourists, sellers, alternative folk; it's a veritable melting pot of humanity. It's always busy, ever thriving, forever bright. Often known for the selling of Gothic/Goth and punk style clothing Camden is so much more. It's the home to indie artists, aspiring musicians, fledgling clothing designers. Camden, to me, is the artistic heart of London city.


Camden is the kind of place where you can find all the latest clothing trends on the market. I had recently been looking for a bowler hat (you know... one that could fit my stupidly bit head into it) and found some in the Camden Market. I was even able to haggle the price down. It is a must-visit place for all lovers of fashion as there is clothing on sale to suit all styles and needs. I've always found the people living and working there to be incredibly friendly and willing to speak to you making it impossible to feel alone.

If you ever find yourself in Camden I highly recommend stopping in for a drink at The Devonshire Arms/The Hobgoblin pub around the corner from the train stations. To this day it remains my favourite pub. No visit to London should be without a layover in this wonderful town.

No comments:

Post a Comment