Tuesday 1 July 2014

Silver Linings Search: June

Once more, I sit down and cast my mind back over the past month to think about all of the nice things that have happened to me this past month.
It was pretty crappy in some ways after one of my cats fell seriously ill and had to be put down. That said, my mission in doing this is to remind myself that good stuff still happens, despite the bad stuff happening. That's why it's so important to keep doing this: so all the positive things don't get lost. So I've rounded up some little nuggets of good that popped up this past month:


  • Hannah, Julia and I took part in The Great Contiki Challenge 2014 and did pretty darn well, actually. Not enough to win, of course, but we did well. It made for a really fun day and an after party with free pizza and beer. 
  • I won another competition at work and came home with £30 worth of vouchers. Oops!
  • I landed a job interview way about my punching weight for a law firm. Even though I was up against applicants with actual law degrees it was really cool that they considered me and still actually really wanted to interview me. 
  • I went shopping and bought some gorgeous new clothes which make me feel fab. I've still not had the courage to wear them yet. They're too precious <3
  • I've had a lot of lovely, relaxing days with my partner. 
  • I've had the opportunity to spend some quality time with my sister.
  • I also bought some goodies from Lush Cosmetics to pamper myself
  • I hosted an event called Harpicide in London with Elly McCabe, Julia Mascetti and Julia Gray which was great.
  • I got a bit of writing done. Here's hoping that CampNaNoWriMo in July might take off a little.
  • The sun came out a great deal! The world feels warm, at least here it does.
  • I've lost quite a bit of weight. I'm eating healthy and my body is thanking me for it.
  • My partner surprised me with a ticket to Calling Festival to go see Aerosmith. She pulled some strings to get that ticket and absolutely amazed me with her thoughtfulness and generosity.
  • Then there was the gig itself... Aerosmith were absolutely amazing and the festival vibe as they played was great. I had a great time. 
  • I saw lots of good films.
  • My team and I are currently in the lead for a different work competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment