Saturday 26 July 2014

My 2014 Summer Reading List

So, it's no secret... I have a lot of books in my room that I still haven't read. Therefore, I decided to make a TBR (To Be Read) list that then becomes a Summer Reading List. I will try to read as many of these books as possible over the summer period. I've not been reading as much lately since I'm taking part in Camp NaNoWriMo and am over half way through writing my novel.
(Well, I'm half way through my suggested word count but I feel the first draft of the novel itself will definitely be over 50,000 words)
Once I'm done writing the first draft I'll hope to keep writing so that I can continue reading and work towads completing my 2014 Reading Challenge where I try to read a total of 30 books in the year. The summer will be a crucial reading period that will surely impact whether or not I finish my target.

So, here are some of the books I'd like to try and finish over the Summer:


  • Bird Box by Josh Malerman (currently reading)
  • Code Name Verity by Elizabeth E. Wein
  • Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews
  • Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
  • The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
  • What I Loved by Siri Hustvedt
  • The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
  • Lips Touch by Laini Taylor
  • The Carhullan Army by Sarah Hall
  • A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen
  • Nameless by Lili St Crow
  • Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence
  • The Heavens Rise by Christopher Rice
  • The Member of the Wedding by Carson McCullers
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • Orange Is The New Black: My Time In A Woman's Prison by Piper Kerman
  • Stardust by Neil Gaiman
  • Taipei by Tao Lin
  • King Crow by Michael Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment