Saturday 19 July 2014

Halfway through the year.

So we are roughly half way through 2014. When half way through the year it always prompts me to wonder how the year is going and if I'm achieving my goals.

So, if you'll indulge me, I wanted to take a moment to think about my achievements and overall year so far and what's yet to come in the next few months.

So I set out a whole bunch of New Year's Resolutions for myself and I wanted to walk through them to see how dedicated I've been to them and where I need to step up.

- I said that I wanted to travel. So far, I've not been out of the country. I'd made plans for two separate holidays and so far, both of those plans have fallen through due to who I planned to travel with, so perhaps in the next few months I'll take a last minute trip and travel somewhere on my own. That's definitely something that I still need to do.

- I said that I wanted to keep writing and I've done that. I've done it here on the blog, on The Huffington Post and in my first novel. In fact, at this rate, I may finish this one soon and have the chance to start on a second before the year is out.

- I said that I wanted to work. I've worked all through the year and recently I started looking for decent graduate jobs. I've got a telephone interview tomorrow so maybe that will be my stepping stone towards a better job.

- I said that I wanted to get into photography and I have. I've played around with modern and traditional methods. I take photos regularly with my iPhone and upload them to Instagram as well as using an actual camera. Please check out my Instagram by clicking here. Follow me @GabrielleLeimon

- I said I wanted to get involved with music and, aside from hosting a musical event, I've not done much. I have written some music but not recorded any. That said, this may change in the next few months.

- I've vlogged a little but not much. Time to change that...

- I said that I wanted to exercise more and I have been. In fact I walk a lot more than I did before. I'm hoping to get back into swimming soon too.

So I'm on track to completing everything, I just need to make sure I get all of this done before the end of the year. On top of that I'm also working towards crossing things off of my B425 List.

No comments:

Post a Comment