Tuesday 8 July 2014

One Week Into NaNoWriMo!

We're one week into NaNoWriMo and so far, I'm doing well. I'm writing steadily and am currently about 24,000 words into my 50,000 word goal. Do I think my novel will be completed around 50,000 words? Certainly not! The first draft will most definitely take up a lot of space and hundreds of pages. Then again, that's what editing is for. I'm starting to think that, at this rate, I'll be able to have my first novel done by the end of the year. I'm feeling very optimistic right now. I suppose, for the next three weeks, I have to just keep on writing and encouraging my fellow cabin mates.

I absolutely love the notion of NaNoWriMo cabin mates. They're all wonderful strangers. I'm the oldest of all of them at the age of 22. Everyone else is a teenager. I find it so thrilling to see young writers taking such a leap. It's a real inspiration. They're all beautiful little nerds and I'll be so proud of them when they reach their goal. I'd urge any of you to try Camp NaNoWriMo next year or NaNoWriMo itself later this year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment