Friday 7 February 2014

Valentines: Write Your Feelings

So it's February and we all have a week until Valentine's Day...

Many people dislike this holiday as they see it to be a shameless exploitation of the people in an attempt to sell chocolates and cards. Personally I love Valentine's Day. I think it gives people an opportunity, an excuse even, to do something romantic where they may not have had courage to do so previously. It's nice to have a day dedicated to love. So if you don't want to buy your sweetheart something why not write them a letter? 
So much of our communication nowadays is digital that there's actually something really romantic about the idea of just writing out your feelings on paper and giving them to the person of your affections. It's a simple token of affection. Why not try it? I always do and it keeps my relationship strong. Seeing the words "I love you" in ink is just such a timeless gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment