Saturday 15 February 2014

Valentine's Catch Up

Hey blog-ghosts,
I know I've been a little quiet lately but I have a good reason for it. I'd been a little stressed with a few things and after a really tough evening at work I called up my partner and just cried a bit and expressed how shitty I'd been feeling. My partner and I live about 4 hours away in different parts of the country which hasn't been easy. During our long phonecall I kept saying "Can't you just be here? Can't you magically just be here? I'd feel so much better if you were here" and my partner reminded me that in two weeks we'd be together again.

I went to work the next day, going about my usual business, and as I finish serving a customer I look up to serve the next and there's my partner standing there, suitcase in hand, having gotten onto a bus at five o'clock in the morning to come see me. I swear in that moment I felt so loved and so cared for that I've been smiling ever since. On Valentine's Day my partner even took time to stop by and surprise me with flowers and champagne at work. Beautiful... I hope that Valentine's Day was good for you and that you know you're loved

No comments:

Post a Comment